As The Wings Of Perfect Flame Glow Out Of Passion.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

SONA!


I am GMA, look at my mole. Wait, does the gown's color match my eyes?

Um, my tita Gloria had her State of the Nation Address where it pre-empted my usual afternoon viewing so I watched it. When I was younger (and a believer that Philippine's will change) I have watched previous SONAs so I am pretty familliar with the mechanics there.

Well, GMA's SONA is pretty the same old promises and the same old tired pep talks. What's new? The demographics of the call center business in the country. She said that she "had" a conversation with a local call center agent and she was "touched" of her sentiments. Well, it was like that impossible story of a young kid placed a paper boat and let it get carried away by the pasig river's current and amazingly, Mrs. Arroyo got it and voila, she granted the boy's wish.

Anyways, GMA is now confident that she will finish her term and had thrown few jokes here and there about the opposition. Everyone clapped their hands after each and every remark. Well, Mrs. Arroyo's speech is the same old shit but at least she has plans of improving this country.

The rain somehow did not stopped protesters (half of which are kids and fathers who were paid by the opposition to do this agenda) to walk outside the Batasan. Of course, their pleads will fall on deaf ears. We have a midget for a president and deaf bastards for presidential aides, so, what do you expect?

Maybe if they listen closely, something will happen. I've told this once and I will tell this again - If you do not stand together, you will not make it. My voice is pretty small as it is and will not have an effect whatsoever on the present community. But what if I passed this insights to other who has the same bidding, maybe, someday, we will be able to stand as one. And in that time, maybe the president's SONA will be able to bring good news. Not just promises that are meant to be broken. And believe me, it will be broken.

Yebah.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home